This dish is a part of every week's meal prep. It's jest so easy, versatile & delicious. Throw some into a salad, taco shell, add to soups or pair it with some sauteed greens. Having a few reliable go-tos takes the guesswork out of "What's for dinner?" You've got it made!
2 pounds organic chicken breast, butterflied
Olive oil, salt & pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 head garlic, minced
2 cups chicken broth
1 bay leaf
2 t chopped fresh oregano or rosemary
1/8 t cayenne (optional)
Juice of 2 lemons
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a dutch oven drizzle olive oil and a sprinkle of salt on the chicken breasts.
- Bake, covered for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken registers 165 on a meat thermometer.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large sauce pan and saute garlic until fragrant but not browning.
- Add the broth, herbs and spices and simmer until reduced by half.
- When chicken is cooked, shred and add to the sauce.
- Add lemon juice and stir to combine.