Makes 6 Tacos
When are tacos not a good idea? Fun, filling and delicious - they're a favorite here at NYOUTRITION. I also love that for all their goodness, they're inexpensive to make. 3 tacos in this recipe cost $5! Obviously tacos are one of those dishes that is highly personal - feel free to switch up the toppings to suit your preferences. Enjoy!
1 1/2 lb. organic boneless, skinless chicken breast, rinsed and patted dry
Juice of 2 lemons
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 t sea salt
1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
6 tortillas (white corn or wheat flour)
1 avocado, peeled and sliced
1 1/2 cups red cabbage, shredded
1 1/2 cups microgreens
1/3 cup pickled shallots
1/3 cup salsa verde
- Place chicken, and ingredients through freshly ground black pepper in a large plastic baggie or covered dish and marinate for 3 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and heat oil in a cast iron skillet. When skillet is hot, add chicken and brown on one side for 4-6 minutes. Flip the chicken add put in oven for approximately 10 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 165 degrees.
- Allow the meat to rest for 5 minutes, then slice.
- Meanwhile wrap tortillas in foil and heat in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Place the chicken in the center of the tortilla and top with goodies.