Here's a fun twist on a super-healthy summertime favorite. While I absolutely love the blended and slow-cooked flavors of the traditional dish, this iteration is a lovely brunch or dinner party presentation.
1 baby eggplant
1 large zucchini, sliced thin
1 bulb fennel, sliced thin
1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
1 small yellow onion, sliced thin
2 small bunches cherry tomatoes on the vine
1 T olive oil
1 t sea salt
1/2 T thyme or rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a large parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Cut eggplant in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Cut a crosshatch in the flesh almost to the skin. Salt and turn upside down, allowing juices to drain for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut remaining vegetables and toss with olive oil and salt and herbs.
- Place eggplant, tomatoes and cut vegetables on the lined sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Remove cut vegetables and bake eggplant 15 minutes longer.
- When eggplant is fully roasted, remove from oven and top with veggies. Sprinkle with parmesan if desired.