Makes One 12" Crust
I admit I've been resisting this trend, because #italiangirl and #ilovepizza. But, I decided surrender and see what all the fuss is about. It's actually delicious! This recipe has a wonderful texture and really holds up to the toppings. The scent of goat cheese in the oven is divine. This is a great gluten-free way to enjoy more veggies and makes a tasty avocado toast when I want to take a little break from bread.
1 head cauliflower, riced (ground in food processor until rice-like)
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup goat cheese
1/2 t sea salt
1/2 t basil
- In a large pot, boil 2 inches of water and cook cauliflower rice for 5 minutes.
- Strain cauliflower and allow to cool. Place on a kitchen towel. Wrap the cauliflower into a pouch and squeeze out all the water (this step is very important for the texture of the crust).
- In a bowl, add cauliflower, egg, goat cheese, salt and basil. Mix thoroughly with your hands.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, press the "dough" into a 12" circle or square (about 1/3" thick).
- Bake at 400 for 35 minutes.
- Top with your favorites!