This isn't just a salad, it's a truly perfect meal. It covers all the bases: protein, healthy fats (with a huge dose of omega 3's), tons of veggies & the comfort of carbs from golden roasted potatoes.
4 eggs, hardboiled (see directions)
1 lb fingerling potatoes, rinsed
1 T olive oil
1/2 t sea salt
1 lb wild salmon
1 T chopped fresh dill
1 T chopped fresh chives
1/2 t sea salt
1 lb French green beans
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 cup Nicoise olives
1/2 cup olive oil
4 T sherry vinegar
salt to taste
8 cups greens (arugula, watercress, baby spinach or romaine)
- Prepare hardboiled eggs ahead of time: place eggs in a pot of water that covers by 1 inch. Bring to a boil and reduce to a medium simmer. Cook for 10 minutes. Peel under running cold water and refrigerate.
- Also cook the green beans in advance: Bring a pot of water to a boil, add beans and cook for 7 minutes or until tender, but still crisp. Drain and immediately plunge into an ice bath. Drain and set aside.
- Place potatoes on a parchment-lined baking sheet, toss with olive oil and 1/4 t salt and roast for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Meanwhile, season salmon with a pinch of salt, chopped dill & chives. Add to baking sheet with potatoes when 12 minutes are remaining.
- Prepare the dressing: add the oil, vinegar and shallot to a bowl. Whisk and add salt to taste,
- Divide the greens between 4 plates, top with salmon, beans, egg, tomatoes, olives. Drizzle dressing.